This is a collection of more than 650 tips (654 tips at the date of this post) to make you better at all the Windows and Microsoft Office tools.
Here are my favourite 3 tips from Karen:
- CTRL + 1 and CTRL + 2 – Toggle between Mail and Calendar – tip_259.php
- CTRL + F – Forward a mail message
- CTRL + G – Go to a specific date – tip_485.php
- CTRL + K – Check names in address fields and resolve them against the Address Book – tip_211.html
- CTRL + K – Insert Hyperlink – tip_431.php
- CTRL + SHIFT + 8 – Show/Hide paragraph marks and other hidden formatting symbols – tip_394.php
- F3 – AutoComplete Quick Parts – tip_335.php
- F4 – Find text in an email message – tip_108.html
- SHIFT + F1 – Reveal Formatting – tip_498.php
- SHIFT + F3 – Toggle between UPPER CASE, lower case and Sentence Case
- Select the cell where the list is to appear.
- Press ALT + 7 on the numeric keypad.
- Type your text.
- Press ALT + ENTER if you want to insert another bullet in the same cell.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4.
WIN + D can be used as a toggle to minimize and maximize all windows? But what if you just want to have a quick peek at something on your desktop? Check out the preview shortcut!
- Press and hold down the WIN key (the one next to your spacebar) and press the spacebar.
- Release the WIN key to return to your last used window.
If you like this post, check the 50 time saving Excel Shortcuts.