The series of strategic tasks known as FP&A—planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis—enables a business’s continued financial stability and capacity for expansion. Also, by fusing corporate strategy with decision-making, FP&A improves the finance department’s capacity to oversee performance. Therefore I created an FP&A Mega Guide, which is a compilation of my best visual content for FP&A and Finance Professionals.
FP&A Mega Guide Content
- The 12 FP&A Principles
- How To Be Finance Business Partner
- Three Principles For Finance Professionals
- PVM Analysis: Application In Real Life
- How To Calculate The Exchange Rate Effect
- Vertical Analysis
- Infographic Financial Analysis
- Budgeting Process
- Zero Based Budget
- Forecast Method: Risks & Opportunities
- Sales Forecasting – Opportunity Stage
- Rolling Forecast
- CAPEX – Budget and Control
- Infographic – Sales Forecasting
- Infographic – 9 Levers To Improve Your Cash
- CCC: Cash Conversion Cycle1
- 3 Ways To Improve Cash
- 3 Ways To Automate Your Work
- 10 Chart Design Tips
- How To Select The Most Appropriate Chart
- Excel Tip 1: How To Make A Combo Chart
- Excel Tip 2: Link A Textbox To A Specific Cell
- Excel Tip 3: Reporting Figures In Thousands And Millions
- Excel Tip 4: How To Solve Circular References
- Excel Tip 5: How To Repeat Row Labels
- Top 10 Excel Specialists To Follow
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Reporting
- CV Tips For Finance
12 FP&A Principles
Here are the twelve FP&A principles.
- Develop a strategic long-range plan and identify specific initiatives & projects/ plans to execute it.
- Identify resources needed to implement projects/plans and put them in the budget.
- In addition, understand how operational plans will drive financial results and monitor the progress of those plans.
- Quickly identify the business reasons behind plan-to-actual financial variances.
- Also, make course adjustments when falling behind on financial or operational goals.
- Cascade both financial & non-financial operational targets down the organization to more specific targets.
- Furthermore, hold people accountable for delivering financial results & link to financial incentives.
- Moreover, hold people accountable for delivering operational results & link to financial incentives.
- Identify what drives business success and develop KPIs for those drivers.
- Establish long-term and shorter-term targets for the KPIs.
- Additionally, develop initiatives and operational projects to achieve KPI targets.
- Finally, monitor the results of KPIs and link them to financial incentives.
The Bottom Line – The Mega FP&A Guide Will Boost Your Career Immediately
FP&A will continue to grow in value inside firms as it develops; it will always be a part of finance. But the information it offers and the tales it tells will guide choices throughout the firm, even at the highest levels. Furthermore, this mega FP&A guide will help you accelerate your career in no time!
If you are currently thinking of transitioning to a new role and want to grow your analytical skills, discover how my course can help you.